Friday, June 17, 2011

"My Halo Attracts Lightning/& So I Am Dead": L.S. Klatt

Cloud of Ink (Amazon) by L.S. Klatt is one of those books that I liked, even if I didn't understand it. It is a book of poems, all freeverse, and all covering different topics. There is a definite theme of nature through, with bees and sea life being very prevalent. Personally, I just liked the way the poems sound, even if I got the feeling I didn't quite understand what was going on. Mostly, I liked certain lines, and not necessarily whole poems. One set of lines I like is "But we should/not blame History/for a message never sent," and another is "the beetle recesses into sanctum/&, all but forgotten, finds/itself next to impossible."

I would say this book is worth buying if you're a fan of poetry. It's pretty good, honestly. It seems like the type of thing you'd be able to read multiple times and get different experiences out of it each time.

Unfortunately, this is another case of me not being able to find contact information. I'm not entirely sure what I'll be reading next... it's probably between Nerd Girls by Alan Lawrence Sitomer, Cinder and Ella by Melissa Lemon, and Napier's Bones by Derryl Murphy. Who knows though? I've been known to be fickle! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment