Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Life is choosing whom and what you love. Everything else follows.": Todd Johnson


The Sweet By And By (Amazon) by Todd Johnson was a surprise book-basically, I got a gift card for my birthday from my sister, and I decided to just to pick out some random books from Barnes and Noble. I must say, this book was certainly a surprise. It follows the story of women in various walks off life, all struggling with aging.

I thought the book was sad, but in a good way. There were definitely high points, but the nature of the subject made it impossible to sugarcoat. And that's okay. Honestly, when I picked it up, I expected something of a Divine Secrets of The Yaya Sisterhood. It wasn't much of that at all. Instead, it was... well, itself. I really enjoyed it. I thought it seemed like a realistic depiction of aging and all the joy and pain that goes along with it.

Todd Johnson has contact information, so here's the email I wrote him:
"I just wanted to let you know that The Sweet By and By was a wonderfully heart wrenching book. You did an amazing job of capturing the struggles these women went through. I have to say, I was a bit surprised when I realized the book was written by a man. I hope you don't take offense to that-I mean it as a compliment. Good luck on all of your future projects."

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment