Friday, June 10, 2011

An Introduction

Recently I noticed that my reading habits have become rather stale. Often I reach for a book by an author I'm familiar with, or even a book I've already read, as opposed to branching out. I've decided to change that. This summer (and hopefully after) I will read books by authors I've never heard of before.

I also had another thought. "Big name" authors, the J.K. Rowlings, Stephen Kings, and Neil Gaimans of the literary world must receive endless amounts of feedback from their loyal fans. But what about those who are lesser known? Surely they must receive some mail or feedback. But why not add a bit more? So I decided that along with reading their novels or short story collections or whatever else, I will send them an email or write them a letter, telling them what I thought of their work.

This blog will chronicle my little literary adventure. I'll be posting the letters I write, along with any other thoughts on the books that I didn't feel necessary to include in the letters. Feel free to leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comments. And now, off to write my first letter!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Looking forward to following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I also agree that this is a great idea for a project. Hopefully I'll be introduced to some new authors by following you.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete