Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 23rd: World Book Day

Hi everyone! I apologize for the lack of updates lately. I've been pretty busy. However, I wanted to make a quick post. Yesterday I was at Barnes & Noble and noticed that they were asking for donations of new or gently used books. You see, April 23rd is apparently World Book Day (or World Book Night). Though the Barnes & Noble referred to World Book Day, it appears that the US celebration is actually titled World Book Night. Or something like that-I'm honestly not sure.

Anyway, there are a few different things you can do to get involved in World Book Day/Night/Whatever. However, a great thing to do is donate some used books. The places you can donate are specific to your area, but schools, libraries, hospitals and nursing homes are great places to start. As I mentioned earlier, the Barnes & Noble near me was accepting book donations, so if you have one near you, definitely go check it out.

That's all for now, I just wanted to let people know about World Book Day/Night. Hopefully I'll have a review up soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment