Sunday, March 25, 2012

On My Wishlist (111)

On My Wishlist is a weekly event hosted by Book Chick City (click banner above or here to visit their website!)

My wishlist is never ending. However, I figured I'd post a few books that I've been eyeing lately. My usual method for finding books these days has been going to the library and pulling random books off the shelves. However, for my next library visit I think I'm going to try to be a little more organized and maybe look for some of these!

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente

I admit, mostly I want this book for the title. I mean, come on-it's adorable. However, the story sounds delightful as well. It's about a girl named September who gets invited on an adventure by a Green Wind (who looks like a man in a green jacket). I've been eyeing this book for quite some time, but just never got around to purchasing it. I'll definitely have to see if my local library has it! (Amazon)






Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Futuristic fairy tales? What's not to love? This book stars Cinder, a cyborg & gifted mechanic who lives with her stepmother and is blamed for her stepsister's illness. Suddenly, her life becomes intertwined with a prince named Kai and she finds herself trapped in an intergalactic struggle and victim to a forbidden attraction. I have to admit, when I first saw the cover I was a little skeptical-redone fairy tales are very hit or miss. But reading the description makes me think this is definitely one worth picking up! (Amazon)



Summer Morning, Summer Night by Ray Bradbury

I really enjoyed The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury, as well as Fahrenheit 451 and a few other assorted short stories. When I saw this cover I was immediately attracted to the book-finding out it's a Ray Bradbury book is just a bonus! This book is a set of short stories set in Green Town, Illinois, a common locale for Bradbury's tales. Hopefully I can find this at my library! (Amazon)






Have you read any of these? What's on your wishlist? Let me know! I'm always looking for new books!


1 comment:

  1. I want to read Cinder too. I just love that cover. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete