Friday, February 24, 2012

"Some Cities Are Born Under a Dark Cloud": Gates Of Gotham

Okay! Here we go, finally, another post. As I mentioned before, I've been reading a lot of graphic novels lately. I decided to write about the recently released trade paperback Gates of Gotham (Amazon). This book was written by Scott Snyder and Kyle Higgins and illustrated by Trevor McCarthy.

Gates of Gotham is the tale of how Gotham became the city it is today. This book is mostly set in the time period where Dick Grayson is Batman, and heavily features other members of The Bat Family, such as Damian and Cassandra. However, most of the story is told in flashbacks to the time when Gotham was developing. It is really wonderfully done-an intriguing mystery combined with stunning visuals. I definitely recommend Gates Of Gotham to anyone who is interested in the entire Batman/DC Universe as opposed to just Batman & co.


Speaking of visuals, the only contact information I could find was for Trevor McCarthy, the illustrator, so I decided to drop him a quick note. This is what I said:

"I recently read Batman: Gates of Gotham and I just wanted to let you know that I thought the art was gorgeous. It really helped me get immersed in the story. I've never before read anything that you illustrated, but I will certainly keep an eye out for your future work."

Well, that's it for today! Hopefully I'll have another post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment